i-DAT’s activities are delivered through the framework of its core programme titled ‘Operating Systems’ (op-sy.com).
The programme is focused around making ‘data’ generated by human, ecological, economic and societal activity tangible and readily available to the public, artists, engineers and scientists for artistic expression with a cultural and / or a social impact.
The Programme has five core strands:
- Strand1 Arch-OS: (Environments: Buildings)
- Strand2 Bio-OS: (Organisms: crowds & bodies)
- Strand3 S-OS (Society: community & individual)
- Strand4: Eco-OS (Environments: landscapes)
- Strand5: Dome-OS: (Environments: immersive spaces)